italiano | inglese THE HISTORICAL COMPLEX - THE BUILDINGS - THE PARK - FACILITIES - THE COUNTRYSIDE
logo
foto
foto 0 foto 1 foto 2 foto 3 foto 4
foto 5 foto 6 foto 7 foto 8 foto 9
foto 10 foto 11 foto 12 foto 13 foto 14
foto 15 foto 16 foto 17 foto 18 foto 19
foto 20 foto 21 foto 22 foto 23 foto 24
foto 25 foto 26 foto 27 foto 28 foto 29
prev
next

The Villa Pianciani Complex was realized during the end of the 18th century, by will of the Pianciani Counts, one of the most important and famous families of the Umbria region, owner of several properties since from the middle age. The transformation of a precedent building in the enchanting "Delizia di Terraja", was committed by the Count Alessandro to the young architect Giuseppe Valadier, already destined to become one of the greatest architect of that age. The Villa became the family  summer estate.With Alessandro sons, the family interests aimed beyond the limits of the Umbria region:  its son Vincenzo moved to Rome, becoming the Vatican State financial Chief and getting into the highest roman aristocracy thanks to its wedding with Amalia Ruspoli; Gianbattista - another of its son - was a priest and renowned scientist, taught  Chemistry and Physics at the Collegio Romano jesuit University, and Dogmatic at the Whasington Georgetown College, becoming General Prefect of studies once he came back in Rome.The most famous of the family members is anyway Luigi Pianciani, one of Vincenzo Pianciani sons: Luigi was a patriot, exiled in England until 1860, and than first Major of Rome, deputy and senior member of the Italian parliament.After the death of the last male successor, VIlla Pianciani passed to the female heir of Countess Matilde Pianciani.

italiano | inglese Villa Pianciani, Fraz. Terraja 44, 06049 Spoleto (PG), info@villapianciani.it, tel/fax 0743-261373 - cell +39 3401592324 / +39 3928096880 credits